Richmond Wheels and Castors (Richmond Engineering) has been providing steel and steel fabrication services to local businesses since 1958. Their acquisition of Carter Engineering in 1961 expanded their scope of business to include manufacturing materials handling equipment such as wheels and pallet trucks.
Richmond is a recognised name in Australia in the design and manufacture of pallet trucks, lifters, stackers and associated components.
Richmond was awarded a large contract in 1975 for the manufacture and maintenance of extra heavy duty pallet trucks for the Australian Defence Forces.
Richmond supplied hundreds of these ruggedly designed and manufactured hydraulic pallet trucks, which became known to the army as ‘Built to Perform’ for their continuous performance and reliability.
A large number of these pallet trucks are still in use today.
Richmond pallet trucks still provide the same durability, excellent manoeuvrability and ease of use.
Key features of Richmond heavy duty pallet trucks
- Entry and exit rollers to prevent excess physical exertion whilst providing the added benefit of protecting the load roller and pallet itself
- Totally sealed hydraulic pump
- Slow lowering hand control valve
- 3-position control handle
- Grease fittings at key points