Richardson Electronics Wi.USB-DTSTM is a convenient, FCC pre-authorised desktop unit that allows quick PC connectivity to a Wi.232DTS-RTM network.
The Wi.USB-DTSTM is USB-powered and provides the same high configurable, high-performance wireless link as Wi.232DTSTM-based products. The Wi.USB-DTSTM is perfect for: Wi.232DTS-RTM based sensor networks requiring PC and laptop interface, point-to-point longe-range PC/Laptop communications, AMR base station mobile unit is Wi.232DTS-RTM base meter network.
The Wi.232DTS-RTM module combines a state-of-the art low power wireless transceiver with a powerful multipoint-to-multipoint protocol controller to form a transparent wireless communication solution capable of replacing wires in any RS-232/422/485 application.
With a 111 dB link budget and low power operation modes, the Wi.232DTS-RTM module is perfect for AMR, RFID, home automation and any other application requiring long range (<1500ft. line of sight) and long battery life.
The module is designed to be totally transparent. No special addressing or formatting of data is required. Data is validated using an internally generated CRC-16 and encoded using a proprietary algorithm. Multiple modules can operate on the same channel because of the built-in carrier-sense-multiple access (CSMA) protocol.
- Automated meter reading (AMR)
- Remote sensor networks
- USB laptop interface
- Robotic and industrial controls
- Cable replacement
- REV. 002
- Digital transmission system (DTS) protocol
- Communicates with all Wi.232DTS products
- Plug and play
- FCC modular approved
- USB bus powered
- 4.5 V - 15 VDC supply voltage
- Frequency band: 902 to 928 MHz
- 32 channels
- 100 kbps max RF data rate (effective)
- +12 dBm TX power
- -104 dBm max RX sensitivity
- 84 channels
- 19.2 kbps max RF data rate (effective)
- -3 dBm TX power
- -106 dBm max RX sensitivity
- VDD: 4.5 V to 15 V
- TX IDD- LP mode: 28 mA
- TX IDD- DTS mode: 57 mA @ +12 dBm
- RX IDD: 20 mA
- Sleep/ standby: 30 mA/ 850 mA
-40 degrees C to 85 degrees C
- Single packet with overhead
- 50 ohm load, VDD= 3.3 V
- Measured @ 2400 baud
- 915 MHz, 152.34 kbit/sec
- Wi.232DTS base station
- Wi.232USB-DTS Wi.232DTS base station
- FCC ID: Q7V-3F090012X