Rhinoflex Pinch Valves have introduced Rhinoflex Series-22 Quarter-Turn Pinch valve, a high flow capacity pinch valve designed for hard-to handle fluids, specially abrasive and corrosive slurries. The valve interior consists of a fabric reinforced elastomeric or PTFE- lined Diaphragm Spool, the only wetted component of the valve.
Two opposing gear-driven cams, contained in a flanged split vinylester-fiberglass body, act on the diaphragm spool providing flow control over the entire 90 degrees of valve stem travel. The Rhinoflex Series-22 Quarter-Turn Pinch valve exhibits negligible pressure drop in the open position and bubble-tight closure even around solids in the closed position.
Solids in the slurry make operation of other types of valves such as ball, plug and butterfly valves are problematic, but the Rhinoflex Series-22 Quarter-Turn Pinch valve is suited for slurries, since there are no ‘dead zones’ in the valve internals. The valve ID mates to Schedule 40 piping systems and installs without flange gaskets. The Rhinoflex Series-22 Quarter-Turn Pinch valve is utilised in either ON-OFF or FLOW CONTROL applications.
Following are the features of the Rhinoflex Series-22 Quarter-Turn Pinch valve:
- Flow-Thru design
- NO ‘Dead Zones’
- Only ONE wetted part
- No flange gaskets required
- Closes bubble-tight on solids
- On-Off or Flow control device
- Lever detent assembly for manual operation
- Actuated with any Quarter-Turn pneumatic or electric control package
- Corrosion-resistant Vinylester-Fiberglass construction
- Molded-In steel inserts for flange bolts and actuator mounting bolts
- Face-to-Face dimensions per ANSI B16.10, class 150
- Flange dimensions per ANSI B16.5, class 150
- Diaphragm spool materials available in many standard and food grade Elastomers and PTFE-Lined
The Rhinoflex Series-22 Quarter-Turn Pinch valve can be used in the following applications:
- Lime slurry, FGD scrubber fluids
- Limestone, titanium dioxide slurries
- Pulp, resin-fiber slurries
- Sewage treatment fluids, grit
- Powders, plastic pellets
- Paints, pigments, glues
- Corrosive gels, brine
- pH control chemicals, precipitates
- Sand-water muds, resin-fiber slurry
- Pet foods, candies, cereals
- Metallic sludge, paper stock
- Photographic chemicals, alumina
- Soda ash, caustic soda
- Personal care products
Manual operation of the Rhinoflex Series-22 Quarter-Turn Pinch valve is accomplished with a 7-position notched detent plate and spring-loaded lever assembly. Automated operation is achieved by assembling any pneumatic or electric quarter-turn actuator control package to the stem, using a properly fitted coupling and bracket. Tapped mounting holes are provided for assembling the bracket to the valve.
Maximum working pressure for all sizes is 125 psig. Operating temperature is -40 ºF to 275ºF depending on the elastomer system used in the valve. For throttling applications, proper valve sizing involves determining the Cv required, taking into consideration fluid viscosity, pipeline size and cavitation potential.