The Thermo Scientific HAAKE PolyLab QC modular torque rheometer with the HAAKE CTW 100 QC twin-screw extruder, available from Rheology Solutions , is used for continuous compounding and plasticising applications.
This is a counter rotating conical twin-screw compounder with intermeshing screws that provide well-defined residence time for faultless production of process-critical polymers.
The gentle but intensive dispersing capabilities are suitable for mixing the additives and pigments. Dies and downstream ancillaries are compatible with the 19/25 QC-D single-screw extruder.
The applications of this rheometer include:
- Testing of the plasticising behaviour
- Testing the performance of additives and fillers
- Measuring of the melt temperature and pressure along the barrel to optimise process parameters
- Provide a homogeneous and constant flow melt
- Production of strands, sheets, cast and blown films
- Extrusion of ceramics and feed stock
- Melt rheology
- Rod dies and water bath for strand extrusion
- Sheet and ribbon dies
- Blown film dies and take off tower
- Filter test