Thermo Scientific HAAKE Viscotester E, D and C units are available from Rheology Solutions for use in tests and comparative measurements for quality control according to recognised standards.
The HAAKE Viscotester E (expert), D (distinct) and C (convenient) units are classical rotational viscometers that measure the resistance of a test substance against a preset speed.
The resulting torque or resistance measures the viscosity of the fluid; higher the torque, higher will be the viscosity.
Due to the type of standardised geometries, the shear rates generated can only be determined precisely for Newtonian substances.
The basic ISO 2555 standard describes the design and characteristic measuring technique of viscosity measuring instruments (torque, speed and rotor geometry). Rotational viscometers must meet these requirements for results compliance.
Common features of the HAAKE Viscometers:
- Viscosity measurement straight out of the box
- Digital display of viscosity, % torque, speed, spindle, upper viscosity limit and temperature (optional) in selectable units
- Integrated automatic diagnostic functionality
- Visual and acoustic signals at critical measuring conditions
- Easy viscosity and temperature (optional) calibrations
- 10-user interface languages
- Viscosity range: Depends on version L or R
- Accuracy: +/- 1% FSD
- Reproducibility: 0.2%
- Supplied at 100 - 240V/50 - 60 Hz