The OnLine Rheometer Group of Rheology Solutions , Australia introduces an innovative OnLine Rheometer (OLR) designed to continuously measure, plot and report the flow properties of process liquids in the pipe.
The OLR measures the flow properties of cosmetic and personal care products in the process pipe so products remain in specification. Key applications include process monitoring, process control and quality control of liquids in the process and manufacturing of cosmetic and personal care products.
Skin-feel, elasticity, spreadability, tack and other textural or flow properties are important for a diverse range of products in the cosmetic, cosmaceutical and pharmaceutical industries. The end-user experience is most often driven by the above variables, which can in turn be traced back to the flow properties of the product during the production process. The ability to produce a material efficiently and effectively can also have a large impact on the viability of the end product.
The OnLine Rheometer (OLR) is able to measure flow properties directly related to these variables in the pipe during the production process and provide real time feedback to the operator, enabling informed process decisions to be made about the quality of the material in the pipe and make suitable changes to streamline the process.
Key advantages of the OnLine Rheometer:
- Reduces or removes costly waiting times associated with laboratory testing, removing production bottlenecks and increasing effective production capacity
- Rheology related consumer-critical parameters can be monitored online for assured customer satisfaction with final product
- Enables the operator to better correlate the measurements to the critical attributes of the product
- Offers measurements over a range of frequencies and allows the operator to choose measurements most relevant to the product
- Offers a more thorough insight into the rheology of the product being processed including the shear-thinning nature of the product
- Plug-and-play installation with low maintenance
- Fast and reliable real time results
- Precise and robust sensor system
- Instantaneous data eliminates the need for time-consuming laboratory analysis, reducing production costs
- Provides an agile response to out of specification product and increases the effective production capacity of plant