The new OnLine Rheometer (OLR) from Rheology Solutions is designed to continuously measure, plot and report the flow properties of process liquids in the pipe during domestic chemical production. The OLR measures the flow properties of domestic chemical products in the process pipe so that products remain in specification.
The OLR measures the viscoelastic properties of a process fluid in real time and will improve product quality, minimise wastage, save time and reduce processing costs.
Textural or flow properties such as pourability, viscosity, spreadability, tack and elasticity are important considerations during the production and manufacture of domestic chemicals such as detergent gels, crèmes, soaps and fabric conditioners. Product effectiveness and end-user experience are often driven by these variables, which are in turn derived from the flow properties of the product during the production process. The ability to produce a material efficiently and effectively can also have a large impact on the viability of the end product.
Commercial process viscometers typically used in the industry exert high deformation rates that are not suitable for characterising the micro-structural features in complex chemical formulations such as gels, crèmes and fabric conditioners. QC protocols based on real-time measurements made using available process viscometers are seldom effective.
Employed for process monitoring, process control and quality control of liquids in the processing and manufacturing of chemical products, the OnLine Rheometer is able to measure flow properties directly related to these variables in the pipe during the production process and feed data directly to the operator in real time, enabling the operator to make informed process decisions about the quality of the material in the pipe.
Key advantages of the OnLine Rheometer:
- Reduces or removes costly waiting times associated with laboratory testing, removing production bottlenecks and increasing effective production capacity
- Consumer-critical parameters can be monitored on-line for assured customer satisfaction
- Enables the operator to better correlate the measurements to the critical attributes of the product
- Offers measurements over a range of frequencies, allowing the operator to choose measurements most relevant to the product
- Better insight into the rheology of the product being processed including the shear-thinning nature of the product
- Instantaneous data eliminates the need for time-consuming laboratory analysis, reducing production costs
- Provides an agile response to out of specification product, increasing the effective production capacity of plant
- Fast and reliable real time results
- Plug-and-play installation and low maintenance
- Made in Australia