Nano compounds are often prepared in solid form using the traditional and available mixing and extrusion devices. Now you can optimise these sensitive processes.
Nanotechnology – typical applications:
- Improving mechanical properties
- Increasing the electrical conductivity
- Increasing thermal conductivity
- Biocide / antibacterial
- UV absorption
Dispersive and distributive mixing:
- For nearly all mixing application a well dispersed and well distributed mixture is required
- Distributive mixing can be achieved by splitting and reorienting the flow repeatedly
- Dispersive mixing can be achieved by passing the mixture through small regions of intense deformation
- Mixing and composites, M. Kontopoulous Chee18.2. p390 presentation Queens University
More details are available with Rheology Solutions.