MODU gripper conveyors consist of two sets of conveyors installed side by side within one support structure. They grip the product firmly yet gently to help convey it through its course from one conveyor to another of a similar or different output height.
Easy to install and flexible enough to be matched with an existing conveyor layout, MODU gripper conveyors help to save valuable floor space and can be integrated with other applications such as printing devices.
MODU gripper conveyors have multiple functions, including
- product elevation
- picks up items from an infeed conveyor, carries them (90º vertical) up or down to a higher or lower level, and delivers them to a discharge conveyor
- this type of conveyor can be used for buffering, filling, blowing, palletizing, packing etc.
- change product orientation
- changes the product orientation by 90º
- product de-puck
- simple depucking system achieved by fixing a short gripper conveyor above a plain chain conveyor
- filled bottles are removed from the puck when entering the gripper conveyor and transfered to another conveyor for the capping process, while the puck is returned back to the start to be filled with fresh empty bottles
- product reverting
- picks up items from an infeed conveyor, changes product orientation up side down, and delivers them to a discharge conveyor
- this type of conveyor is used for cleaning and drying before entering filling or printing machines
- creating passage way
- picks up products from a horizontal infeed conveyor, brings them above head clearance at a short distance, then declines and levels out to deliver them to a horizontal discharge conveyor, permitting access from one side to the other.
- inverter air rinser
- picks up products from a horizontal infeed conveyor, inverts them 180º, passes them over an air rinsing section (or other type of customer specified process equipment), inverts them 180º back to their original orientation, and delivers them onto a horizontal discharge conveyor.