Renishaw will be displaying a range of encoder products at the Drives & Controls 2012 show to be held in Birmingham, UK from 17th April to 19th April 2012.
The revolutionary RESOLUTE true absolute optical encoders will be on display at the Renishaw stand in addition to RESOLUTE ETR encoders, RoLin non-contact magnetic encoders and TONiC incremental optical encoders.
Key features of RESOLUTE encoders:
- Capable of 27 bit resolution at 36,000 rpm
- High accuracy scales, outstanding motion control, excellent dirt immunity and wide set-up tolerances
- Fine-pitch system delivers a resolution of just 1 nanometre at up to 100 m/s for both linear and angle encoding applications
- Available with a range of high-speed serial communications protocols including open protocols from BiSS and proprietary protocols from FANUC, Panasonic and Mitsubishi
- Suitable for harsh, low-temperature applications
- Operation guaranteed down to -40ºC in non-condensing environments
- Ideal for demanding applications such as telescopes, scientific research and military/aerospace
- Component level encoders for embedded motion control applications
- Consists of a readhead and magnetic scale or ring
- Electronics within the readhead allow high interpolation factors up to 13 bits and integrated fault monitoring
- Wide range of resolutions from 0.244 µm to 125 µm, with speeds up to 40 m/s
- Radial or axial reading of the ring possible
- Ideal for high-volume applications across industry sectors where miniature axes are required
- Range of metal scales provides the performance normally only possible with fine-pitch glass scales
- Reliable, super-compact and simple-to-install package
- 1 nm and 2 nm resolutions
- Dual output encoder interface
- Ultra High Vacuum (UHV) compatible readheads
- Angle encoder options include a Dual Signal interface (DSi) with REXM ring for accuracy down to ±1 arc second
Renishaw Oceania represents the Renishaw Group in Australia and New Zealand.