RESOLUTE UHV is an ultra-high vacuum compatible readhead offering true-absolute position feedback, sub-micron accuracy and resolutions to 1 nm for both linear and rotary applications.
The new range of RESOLUTE UHV encoders is constructed from clean vacuum-compatible materials and adhesives to give low outgassing rates and proven clean residual gas analysis (RGA) making them suitable for high performance semiconductor and scientific applications requiring vacuum compatibility to 10-10 Torr.
Similar to the standard range of RESOLUTE true-absolute encoders, RESOLUTE UHV optical encoders determine position immediately upon switch-on without the need for any movement or battery back-up. Instant commutation means that axes are immediately under complete control after power loss, thus eliminating risks of unchecked movements or collisions, which can be an advantage in applications such as wafer handling where safe extraction of high value wafers is critical.
Safety is assured by a built-in separate and independent position-checking algorithm, which actively checks every reading, ensuring any potential problem is flagged long before it reaches the controller. RESOLUTE UHV uses pure serial communications with CRC (cyclic redundancy check), which eliminates the need for auxiliary 1 Vpp signals, offers higher noise immunity and detects data corruption.
Key features of RESOLUTE UHV optical encoders:
- Available with a wide range of serial protocols including BiSS, FANUC, Mitsubishi and Panasonic
- Compatible with industry standard controllers
- Constructed from carefully selected materials to ensure low outgassing rates and proven clean RGA
- Supplied with an RFI screened UHV compatible cable
- Manufactured in clean conditions and shipped in specially designed packages to avoid contamination
- Available for both linear and rotary position feedback
- Each installation is compact with wide set-up tolerances for quick, easy fitment and long-term operation
- All scale formats are coating-free and can be subjected to specialist cleaning and degreasing if required
- Choice of linear scales in stainless steel or ZeroMet low thermal expansion alloy with accuracy to better than ±1 µm on lengths up to 1.13m
- Self-adhesive, mechanical or track-mounted mounting options
- Stainless steel rotary rings designed for quick, easy and precise adjustment of eccentricity whilst minimising shaft preparation costs
- RoHS compliant