Renishaw’s Bluetooth-integrated QC20-W telescoping ballbars launched in November 2009 has received positive feedback from users worldwide.
The upgraded machine tool performance monitoring device offers several advantages over Renishaw’s QC10 product including reducing set-up time as well as speedier and safer operations.
Incorporating Bluetooth wireless technology, Renishaw's new QC20-W telescoping ballbars are designed for CNC machine testing applications.
Peter Jönsson, Managing Director of NC Service, a Swedish machine tool service and maintenance company comments that they have been able to reduce the setup-time, thereby speeding up their operations. Additionally, safer operation is enabled as the testing can be done from outside the closed safety doors.
Other advantages of the QC20-W ballbar include the volumetric analysis function and the user-friendly Ballbar20 software.
UK-based service and maintenance provider, Dave Wigmore of Wigmore CNC is also impressed with the new ballbar system. Listing out its advantages, Wigmore says that the QC20-W data is analysed by the software to find machine errors that would normally go undetected.
Emphasising the equipment’s importance in CNC machine tool maintenance applications, he says that QC20-W ballbar is a key component of machine tool servicing, helping to foresee costly major repairs that can be avoided with corrective maintenance.
Key features of Renishaw QC20-W ballbars:
- Enables the user to quickly diagnose and quantify machine positioning errors, giving an overall 'circularity' error value as per ISO and other standards
- Bluetooth wireless technology allows simplified and consistent ballbar testing in 3 orthogonal planes
- Single, simple hardware set up speeds up testing process
- Produces a representative volumetric measurement of positioning accuracy
- Language support currently being extended to Portuguese, Romanian, Turkish, Swedish and Hungarian
- Both software and key hardware features ensure backward compatibility for QC10 system users worldwide through stress-free upgrades
- Exchange QC20-W upgrade kit available for QC10 ballbar users at a very competitive price