The system has an accuracy of ±5 µm and users can achieve full closed-loop control, significantly improving safety and performance.
Key features of the absolute linear encoder system
- solid steel shaft with fully integrated scale
- sliding readhead module
- no internal moving parts, making the system highly resistant to shock and vibration
- surface is hard chrome plated
- immune to dirt contamination
- operating temperature of -40ºC to +85ºC
This technology enables OEMs to consider new possibilities for the use of actuators in space-limited and demanding closed-loop applications.
LinACE is a completely novel approach to linear position feedback which is designed and manufactured by Renishaw’s associate company RLS.