The Renishaw MP250 touch probes are an ultra compact range of touch probes for grinding machines, setting new standards for the precision measurement of 3D part geometries, while offering all the standard probing benefits of reduced set-up times, reduced scrap and improved process control.
Renishaw MP250 touch probes feature robust construction and proven solid-state electronics to withstand harsh machine environments.
Key features of Renishaw MP250 touch probes:
- Patented Rengage strain gauge technology helps achieve greater levels of accuracy than standard mechanical probes
- Sub-micron 3D probe performance on a range of applications demanding high precision measurement
- Suitable for contoured surfaces such as gear teeth or cutting tools
- Rengage technology combines a patented sensing mechanism and advanced electronics to offer a uniform triggering characteristic in all touch vectors
- Significantly less stylus bending and pre-travel variation when taking measurement points
- Improved repeatability and accuracy in all probing directions and reduced probe calibration times compared to standard probes
- Ultra compact probes measure only Ø25mm x 40mm L
- Ideal for grinding machine applications in space-constrained environments
- Body sealed using materials resistant to particle laden coolants and elevated temperatures
- Simple hard-wired connection to the machine control made possible through the new dedicated HSI interface
- No compromise in overall robustness despite the use of advanced technologies such as strain gauges
- Rengage technology proven in thousands of machine tool inspections worldwide
- Offers resistance to shock damage and false triggering through digital filtering