Renishaw Oceania introduces a new range of touch probe systems that bring several benefits to CNC machine tools.
Using its unique frequency hopping spread spectrum (FHSS) probe signal radio transmission technology, the new touch probes allow automated job set-up and in-process measurement on all sizes of CNC machine tools.
RMP40 touch probes are ultra-compact and especially suited for multi-axis and mill-turn applications. RLP40 touch probes are specifically designed for more hostile turning environments.
A radio transmission-only module, RMP40M is also now available that incorporates an industry-standard M16 adaptor for use with Renishaw’s proven LP2 family of lathe probes.
Renishaw’s wide range of touch probes with radio transmission
Renishaw’s world-leading range of radio transmission touch probes and probing software offers various user benefits including reduced set-up times, reduced scrap, reduced fixture costs and improved process control.
Radio-based inspection probes include the multi-award winning RMP60 touch probes, and the class-leading high accuracy RMP600 probes with Renishaw’s patented Rengage 3D strain gauge technology.
Measuring just 40mm Dia x 50mm L, the RMP40 probe system combines the compactness of Renishaw’s award-winning OMP40 optical transmission probe system with the robustness and versatility of Renishaw’s unique FHSS radio transmission.
This combination makes the RMP40 suitable for use on all sizes of CNC machine tools, particularly multi-axis and mill-turn applications in which line-of-sight between the inspection probe and its interface cannot always be maintained.
Key features of RMP40 touch probes:
- Unique probe signal transmission system
- FHSS radio transmission also used by Renishaw’s existing RMP60 and RMP600 probes
- Pairs with the standard Radio Machine Interface (RMI) and utilises the 2.4GHz frequency band for universal application
- Delivers superior levels of robustness and flexibility through frequency diversity
- Eliminates ‘dead spots’ within the working environment and allows the system to avoid radio interference
- Incorporates Renishaw’s patented Trigger Logic set-up and mode selection menus
- Allows users to quickly and easily configure their probes to their own specific requirements
Key features of RLP40 touch probes:
- New radio touch probes for CNC lathes
- Radio transmission inspection probes for lathes
- Specially packaged to withstand extreme environments in lathes and turning centres
- Sealed to IPX8
- Additionally protected by a user-serviceable eyelid that prevents high velocity swarf and chips from causing damage
Retrofit to existing machine tools
RMP40 and RLP40 touch probes are highly versatile additions to Renishaw’s growing family of inspection probes, offering advantages such as user-friendly operation, robustness, extreme flexibility and proven reliability. The touch probes can be retrofitted to existing installations.
Renishaw offers tool setting probes, inspection probes and probe software for diverse machine tool probing applications. The entire product range is backed by a trusted worldwide network of service, support and applications expertise.