Uno Packaging is launching two new closures to the local wine industry, the Enotop sparkling closure, and the Novatwist table wine screwcap on Stand 316 during WineTech - The Australian Wine Industry Trade Exhibition to be held at the Adelaide Convention & Exhibition Centre, from July 29 to August 1, 2007.
UNO Packagin predicts that the Enotop sparkling closure will revolutionise the closure market for sparkling wines, in much the same way as screwcaps have impacted on the table wine closure market.
The Enotop sparkling closure, exclusively distributed by Uno, has the following key benefits:
- Attractive appearance and multiple decoration options
- Easier to open than corks, and resealable, making sparkling wine more user friendly for consumers
- Overcomes the performance issues of traditional cork, such as cork taint and loss of gas resulting in flat wine
- Cost effective in comparison to traditional natural cork
- Fully recyclable
- Is used with traditional cork mouth bottles, so new bottles are not required.
Novatwist is a new generation of screwcap that has the elegant straight lines provided by an internal thread, giving a more premium finish to wine bottles.
The Novatwist screwcap has been developed by Novembal, the closure division of Tetra Pak. Uno Packaging is the exclusive distributor for Novatwist in Australia and New Zealand.
Benefits of Novatwist compared to traditional screwcaps are as follows:
- Improved recyclability provided by the material being FDA approved plastics, without the need for separation of the skirt from the bottle. This is of particular importance in some markets such as Japan where aluminium screwcap skirts present a barrier to recycling
- Ease of application, minimising risks in the bottling process
Uno Packaging believes these two new closures represent the beginning of a new era in wine packaging innovation as wine producers use packaging to provide their wines with a point of difference in an increasingly competitive market.
More information on WineTech 2007 is available from Reed Exhibitions.