Advanced Robotic Technologies (ART) will feature an innovative award-winning aluminium cutting router on Stand 1000 during the 2008 Queensland Manufacturing Technology Exhibition (QMan), which will be organised by Reed Exhibitions at the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre.
ART was recently awarded the coveted Advanced Manufacturing Innovator of the Year Award, for the high-speed aluminium cutting router with tangential print head and integrated swarf extraction system, by the Australian Manufacturing Technology Institute Limited (AMTIL).
Advanced Robotic Technologies products are used in applications that include precision aluminium-based manufacturing operations such as high speed ferry and boat builders, bus and fire engine manufacturers, in the aerospace industry, in plastics machining, fibreglass cutting, cabinet making and phenolic machining.
ART’s plasma cutting machines are used by steel fabricators, engineering firms, air conditioning ducting makers, by trailer and automotive manufacturers, and by the agricultural and mining industries. ART will also use QMan to premiere the new entry-level CNC routing machine, the SMR Series. This is a versatile, multipurpose machine designed for both existing and cutting-edge applications.
Other products on display at ART’s stand will include:
- A heavy-duty high-definition Plasma Cutting machine, featuring Hypertherm’s new Auto Gas Console, as well as incorporating an optional drilling head
- The SMART 4000 Plasma Cutter designed specifically for low-cost operators with high-performance requirements
- ToolShop toolpath and nesting software and ProfileShop machine control software running by touchscreen on the machines
- An integrated swarf extraction system that eliminates the need for an overhead structure
Other key exhibitors who will be at QMan include Blackwoods, Leap Australia, Multicam Systems, Product Lifecycle Management, Robotic Automation, Shaw Machinery and Treotham Automation.
Leading industry players partnering QMan 2008 include:
- Platinum sponsors: Blackwoods; QMI Solutions
- Sponsor: Enterprise Connect, an Australian Government Initiative
- Official supporters: The Association for Manufacturing Excellence (AME); the Institute of Instrumentation, Control & Automation Australia Inc (IICA); and the Australian Industry Group (Ai Group)