New products, from a baking and drying cabinet for electronic moisture sensitive devices (MSDs) to surface mount technology (SMT) enhancements, will feature on Kobot Systems (Stand 1504) during Reed Exhibitions’ National Manufacturing Week at the Sydney Convention & Exhibition Centre from May 27 to 30.
The Dr.Storage cabinet is designed to reduce problems associated with humidity permeating MSD packaging materials and prevents micro-cracking and de-laminations during reflow soldering.
“The internal defects that can arise in such circumstances are nearly impossible to detect during the printed circuit board (PCB) assembly and testing processes,” Kobot Systems director Gerald Koh said.
“Yet they can lead to a number of failure modes that have a negative impact on manufacturing yields and cause the finished electronic products to fail prematurely.”
With a Dr.Storage cabinet, MSDs could be baked and stored at 40° in their packaging and at a humidity of less than 5%, conforming to IPC/JEDEC J-STD033B specs, Mr Koh said.
Kobot Systems will also display:
- Red-e Set SMT board support systems for setting up PCBA production in less than one minute during model changeovers
- Torque-controlled Delvo, HIOS and Kilews electric screwdrivers
- Miyachi Unitek products including resistance welders, laser products and gloveboxes
- KoKi solder paste and glue for lead-free and tin-lead SMT products
- Fuji SMT and Orbotech SMT platforms