Without the use of face shields, every lineman, electronic contractor, industrial electrician, and thermographer, working in proximity of an energized circuit, is at risk of serious or even fatal burns.
An Arc Flash face can cause third degree burns in a fraction of a second. NFPA 70E standard was developed to address this hazard, establishing a series of work practises and protective measures to reduce the risk of injury.
Oberon’s Face Fit Arc Shield face shield is designed to provide protection from low-level energy arc flash hazards and has the following features:
- Meets requirements of NFPA 70E Hazard risk Category 2 (HRC2) when worn with a balaclava sock hood.
- Viewing area 360mm x 200mm.
- Absorbs up to 8 cal/cm² arc energy
- Upper /Lower shield extenders protect the forehead
- Options include Anti-Fog coating