Redbank Instruments offers the Oberon range of ARC series flame-resistant clothing designed for PPE applications in industrial environments.
Every linesman, electrical contractor and industrial electrician working in the proximity of an energised circuit is at risk of serious or even fatal burns.
Arc flash incidents are quite common and can cause fatalities. An arc flash can cause third-degree burns in a fraction of a second.
Oberon offers a full range of arc flash suits for Hazard Arc Rating Categories ranging from 15 cal/cm² to 140 cal/cm².
ArcFlash range of flame resistant clothing includes:
- All fabrics including thread used in construction of ARC garments are inherently flame-resistant (FR)
- Will remain FR regardless of repeated laundering
- Lightweight arc flash garments
- Meet or exceed the requirements of NFPA 70E and ASTM F 1506
- All zippers, Velcro and labels are inherently flame-resistant
- Help reduce heat stress
- Manufactured with Oberon’s ARCX energy-absorbing plastic
- Provide superior Visible Light Transmission (VLT)
- Anti-fog coating on the inner surface
- Scratch-resistant coating on outer hood/ visor surface
Options include ventilation and fresh air systems for enhanced comfort.
Arc flash flame-resistant clothing is already being used by industrial electricians engaged in high voltage switching locations around Australia.