XMA, who provides computer equipment, supplies and services to businesses, government, schools and tertiary institutions, has reported strong benefits from using RedPrairie’s DLx Warehouse WMS system.
XMA went to market to find an automated, scalable, RF controlled WMS system, capable of running a multi-site, multi-customer, real time environment. XMA needed to address challenges that included: functional limitations and high labour costs, lack of real time stock visibility, difficulty in monitoring staff productivity, inability to scale and meet growth targets, having to close the warehouse for two days for stock take and poor integration between the ERP system.
XMA decided that the many SQL Server based WMS system on the market did not provide the scalability, performance, security and reliability needed to run a fast moving supply chain. XMA selected RedPrairie’s DLx Warehouse system that runs on the Oracle database, for its comprehensive functionality and successful track record.
The results were as follows:
* Implementation 25% faster than expected
* Staff productivity increased in certain areas by up to 300%
* Warehouse operational costs reduced by 33%
* 20% faster picking
* 100% on time despatch for all orders to meet 3 hour delivery window
* Order errors down by 85%
* Back orders almost eliminated
* Full inventory cycle counts every 17 days rather than a close down once a year
* Integrated report and alerts allow supervisors and managers more time to improve efficiency, rather than manage tasks
* Seamless integration with ERP system