RedPrairie, a world leading consumer driven optimisation company, has launched RedPrairie Routing Portal, a web-based solution for coordinating inbound shipments and reverse logistics.
The software enables personnel throughout the enterprise to manage transport delivery requests and coordinate dock scheduling with carriers. Features include robust validation, location profiles, alerts, and automated communications to and from inbound suppliers.
Customer or stock returns are easily managed as well. RedPrairie Routing Portal supports both inbound shipment routing requests for consignee-controlled freight, and advance ship notices on vendor-prepaid inbounds.
“Managing inbound freight effectively requires tight coordination among vendors, transportation providers, and customers,” said Erv Bluemner, RedPrairie’s VP product marketing, transportation solutions.
“In many cases, this means a lot of phone calls and email are going back and forth between everyone involved in the process. Clearly, this isn’t the most efficient way to do business. It’s time-consuming and often leads to miscommunication and confusion.
“RedPrairie Routing Portal helps companies overcome these limitations by automating critical transportation management processes and improving the flow of information among trading partners.”
RedPrairie Routing Portal allows vendors, carriers, and customers to collaborate via the internet, providing increased visibility and greater control of freight moves.
The solution can be deployed as a standalone application or integrated with RedPrairie’s warehouse management (WMS) and transportation management (TMS) solutions, as well as other third-party software.
Key capabilities include:
- Enables accurate and timely management of third party originated shipments
- Captures and validates inbound supplier and return shipment needs
- Allows users to manage multiple shipment releases against a single PO
- Provides robust data handling (weight, cube, pieces, pallets, freight class, third party locations)
- Supports intra-facility transfer of goods not for resale and returned merchandise
- Enables carriers to schedule appointments via the web and provides enterprise-wide dock scheduling visibility