RedPrairie Corporation, a consumer driven Optimisation Company, announced that its Warehouse Management Solution (WMS) offers complete raw material controls throughout production and through finished goods, resulting in reduced waste and improved customer confidence for consumer packaged goods (CPG), food and beverage companies.
“A recent Food Marketing Institute study found only 66% of shoppers are confident that the food they buy at the grocery store is safe compared to 82 percent last year,” said Tom Kozenski, Vice President of Product Strategy for RedPrairie.
“We believe improved raw materials control and traceability throughout the supply chain will have a positive impact on consumer confidence and our customer’s brands. We’re proud of our 30-plus-year track record improving warehouse and workforce utilisation, inventory accuracy, and product traceability to the CPG, Food and Beverage industries.”
In a typical production line, raw materials and finished goods are treated as separate processes.
Often, as raw materials move to the production line, 2 to 10% of those materials are wasted and visibility into those materials is lost as they enter the next phase of production.
RedPrairie’s solutions offer:
- Complete visibility of all materials throughout the production process
- Significant improvement in tracking waste on the production line
- Ability to reassign raw materials to multiple work orders due to improved tracking methods
- Good raw material traceability specifically for recalls or stringent QA processes
- Enhanced inventory control from raw materials to finished goods
- Improved compliance with governmental regulations, bioterrorism acts and TGA regulations
RedPrairie clients include the top five global consumer products companies and seven of the top ten global food and beverage companies including companies like ConAgra, Hershey’s, PepsiCo, Procter & Gamble and Unilever.