Australia’s premier hose reels manufacturer, ReCoila Reels has been contracted by Ocean Trenching Technologies to design and build a monster motorised reel for their subsea trenching operations.
Measuring 2.5m in height and accommodating 100 metres of umbilical hose, the hose reel features a single spool design and a geared hydraulic motor. Ocean Trenching Technologies plans to use the hose reel for deployment, storage and retrieval of the umbilical hoses that drive a subsea trenching system installed under Sydney Harbour.
ReCoila Reels has over 30 years of experience in designing and manufacturing hose and cable reels, also offering custom designed and manufactured hose reels for all types of applications.
ReCoila uses materials such as stainless steel, aluminium and powder coated steel to manufacture these reels.
Industry applications of ReCoila hose reels and cable reels include mining, offshore, oil and gas, petrochemical, marine, food processing and food manufacturing, firefighting and emergency services, pressure washing, electrical, manufacturing as well as industrial among others.
Key features of ReCoila hose reels:
- Designed to handle 4”, 5” and 6” diameter hoses in typical drum flange type reels or single wrap reels
- Dual, triple and quad fluid path reels to handle multiple hoses
- High pressure applications up to 10,000 psi
- Long hose or cable lengths
- Special mediums transfer including cryogenic
- Multiple reels platforms and skids