SL stripwound metal hoses available from Radcoflex Australia are used in applications involving large volume transfer of dry bulk materials in diverse environments.
SL stripwound metal hoses are made by helically winding two preformed strips of metal into a double interlock hose. Through a unique manufacturing process, the inner liner becomes an integral part of the hose, covering the interlock joints to form a relatively smooth inner bore.
The SL metal hoses featuring an interlocked hose with integral strip liner offer several advantages over conventional hoses made of metal, rubber or like materials. For applications involving large volume transfer of dry bulk materials, the initial higher cost of interlocked hoses with an integral strip liner is far outweighed by the advantages.
Key advantages of SL lined interlocked hoses:
- High flow rates result in reduced turnaround times
- Reduced air losses from tighter construction
- Elimination of materials degradation and contamination experienced with other hoses
- Longer service life due to greater abrasion resistance
SL stripwound metal hoses are ideal for the transfer of hard-to-fluidise materials in industrial plants, ships, barges, silos, elevators, trucks and rail units. The lined hoses can be used for pneumatic transfer of bulk materials such as chemicals, feed, flour, grain, plastics, sugar, cement, pebble, lime and sintered iron ore in power, pellet, granules, flake or pebble form.
SL stripwound metal hoses are constructed from galvanised steel or stainless steel AISI 304. Galvanised steel hoses can withstand temperatures up to 350ºC while stainless steel hoses can withstand temperatures up to 750ºC.
SL is manufactured in four variations:
- Stainless SSL stainless hose and liner
- Stainless GSL stainless hose and galvanised liner
- Galvanised SSL galvanised hose and stainless liner
- Galvanised GSL galvanised hose and liner
Maximum manufacturing lengths:
- Up to 102mm: 9 metres
- 114mm to 152mm: 6 metres
- Over 152mm: 3 metres