RS Components (RS), the trading brand of Electrocomponents plc, the world's leading high service distributor of electronics and maintenance products is stocking the High Density BNC (HD-BNC) family of connectors from Amphenol, a global leader in the design, manufacture and supply of interconnect products.
Delivering high-density connectivity for high definition requirements in a compact footprint, the HD-BNC connectors are 51% smaller than traditional BNC connectors and 40% smaller than DIN 1.0/2.3, while allowing four times as many interconnects as the BNC.
The compact connector footprint of the Amphenol HD-BNC family of connectors enables reduced equipment size and weight in applications requiring high definition resolution such as broadcast and digital video (HDTV), as well as in network routing and switching.
Key features of Amphenol HD-BNC connectors:
- Delivers true 75 ohm impedance over a frequency range of 0-6GHz to provide higher performance over longer distances
- Engineered to enhance electrical and mechanical performance
- Trusted push and turn interface of a traditional BNC provides tactile feedback and a positive lock for quick and guaranteed mating
- Meets and exceeds SMPTE 292M and 424M standards
- Offers full compatibility with traditional broadcast cables such as Belden, Times Fiber, Draka, and Image 360
- Utilises the same crimping tools and cable preparations as standard BNC connectors