The Seaward PAC3760, available from RS Components , is a next generation PAT with the ability to conduct earth bond, insulation and polarity tests, as well as Leakage Current Tests for Class I and Class II appliances and leads.
Designed specifically for standards AS/NZS3760:2003, the PAC3760 powers up appliances and leads for Leakage Current Tests at 5mA Pass/Fail for Class I and 1mA Pass/Fail for Class II. To increase the level of safety testing, the PAC3760’s earth bond test is set at 10Amps. This is beyond a multimeter’s continuity test and is capable of fusing a poor earth held by a single strand.
The features of the PAC3760 Appliance Tester include:
- Simple Pass/Fail indication
- 3 button operation: Class I, Class II and Leakage
- Automatically conducts a sequence of tests without complicated on-screen menus to navigate
- Powers up appliances with an electronic switch or MOV for leakage current tests with Pass/Fail limits 5mA for Class I and 1mA for Class II
- Automatically senses an IEC or extension lead and conducts a polarity test
- Automatically detects that the appliance under test is switched ‘On”’
- Supplied complete with Earth Lead, IEC Lead Adaptor and protective carry case