Rom-Control , formerly known as Eltiv Australia Electronic Engineering, offer circuit board refurbishment that included addition of up to date technology that may not have been included in the original circuit board.
Circuit board refurbishment offers an effective alternative and cost effective solution to replacement, which according to Rom-Control should always be considered.
The circuit board refurbishment process includes these stages:
- The electronic equipment is received at the Rom-Control factory. It is then assigned a job number so that the order status and the history of the circuit boards can be easily tracked.
- The suitable amount of components is obtained from Rom-Control's spare parts stores; if available, drawings are sourced and testing equipment is loaded with the circuit board’s technical details. Any software that is stored in a range of components is downloaded.
- The circuit board refurbishment service includes the use of the In Circuit testing equipment to detect faults. Any damaged components are then replaced and any other components that are believed to fail in the near future are also replaced. Any damage observed in the circuit board will also be fixed by way of repair kits and equipment.
- The circuit board refurbishment team will conduct a comprehensive quality inspection to ensure high standards of workmanship have been achieved. A functional test can also be conducted if requested.
- One the circuit board refurbishment is complete all equipment will be packaged carefully and shipped.