Quantum Data Protection introduces the DXi 2.0, the next generation deduplication software platform for its DXi-Series disk backup and deduplication solutions.
Quantum is a leading global specialist in backup, recovery and archive solutions.
The new DXi-Series models running DXi 2.0 deduplication software, beginning with the latest generation SMB and mid-range systems will deliver superior deduplication speeds available at twice the performance of earlier generation DXi products with no change in price.
As a result, users will be able to protect more data on smaller systems, further solidifying the price-performance leadership of the DXi-Series.
Key features of DXi-Series products utilising the new 2.0 deduplication software:
- Performance increases by up to 2X or more for open protocols including Symantec Open Storage (OST) and conventional NAS interfaces
- Price-performance advantage with DXi products priced the same as those with version 1.x software
- DXi 2.0 software creates a new inline data flow that is optimised for Quantum’s latest generation purpose-built DXi deduplication appliances, simplifying the data path and improving performance
- Superior performance allows DXi appliances to make their shorter backup and restore windows available to any IT department using leading backup software applications
- DXi4500 running DXi 2.0 software will deduplicate at up to 1.4 TB/hour for NAS and 1.7 TB/hour for OST, faster than any other entry-level open protocol appliance
- DXi6500 running DXi 2.0 software will deduplicate at up to 4.3 TB/hour for NAS and 4.6 TB/hour for OST, faster than any other mid-range open protocol appliance
Quantum’s high performance DXi6700 VTL and multi-protocol Enterprise-class DXi8500 appliances will see significant performance gains when they begin shipping with DXi 2.0 deduplication software.
Quick to deploy and easy to manage
- DXi 2.0 software provides enhanced management features that significantly streamline deployment, monitoring and administration of the entire data protection process
- Saves IT managers time even in complex multi-site backup and disaster recovery environments
- DXi 2.0 employs a full set of installation wizards and optimised management screens for fast set-up and ongoing administration
- Enables administrators to get more done in less time
- New software leverages the multi-tier, purpose-built appliance design of the newest DXi models
- Software supports the DXi direct path to tape functionality that integrates high speed disk backup with low cost retention under a single point of control
Customers with the latest generation DXi4500 and DXi6500 appliances will be able to upgrade them to DXi 2.0 software on-site at no charge and no requirement for data migration.
The new DXi 2.0 software offers full replication compatibility with earlier generation DXi appliances, protecting end users’ prior investments.
DXi systems share a common software foundation for ease of use and interoperability across customer environments.
All DXi systems are supported by Quantum Vision, which provides a single point of management across a user’s full backup environment including disk, replication and tape storage systems.