The VP-Cam On-Line is a special version of Quality In Control 's vision profiling machines that utilises a single or twin laser and a camera to measure certain dimensions online during production.
Essentially featuring the same processing hardware and software as standard vision profilers, the VP-Cam On-Line system allows users to combine both on and offline inspection in one cost effective system.
An optional feed-back loop to control either haul-off or extruder can also be implemented on request.
VP-Cam On-Line vision profiling machines are capable of a range of standard measurements, including:
- point-to-point distance measurement
- 4-point angle measurement
- maximum clamp (arbitrary, horizontal and vertical)
- minimum clamp (arbitrary, horizontal and vertical)
- external edge-to-edge distance
- internal edge-to-edge distance; and
- radius /diameter (internal and external).
By adopting fully automatic inspection procedures, the systems are also capable of fully automatic inspection and tolerancing. This ensures repeatable measurements while removing the possibility of operator errors.