An in-motion weighbridge was recently supplied by Accuweigh’s QWM branch in Brisbane to the Australian Defence Forces (ADF) to ensure their vehicles complied with legal axle weights when driving on public roads.
Installed at the Enoggera Army Barracks in Brisbane, Accuweigh’s Drive-n-Weigh 8000 automatic in-motion weighbridge offers high accuracy and can be trade approved for weighing gross vehicle weights.
Measuring 4 metres wide by 1 metre long with a weighing capacity of 40,000kg, the in-motion axle weighbridge is installed in a shallow pit with 20 metres of existing concrete hardstand on either side to ensure accurate weighing of long vehicles.
Operational highlights of Accuweigh’s in-motion weighbridges:
- Fully automatic in operation
- Vehicle details are entered by the driver using the integrated alpha-numeric keyboard
- Vehicle is then driven slowly over the axle weighbridge
- Printed ticket listing all individual axle weights and the total vehicle mass is removed by the driver
- Weight ticket is kept in the vehicle for the duration of the current trip with a copy held for office records
Accuweigh is a major industrial weighing equipment company operating branches in all mainland states and providing complete after sales service and support on in-motion axle weighbridges, full length weighbridges and all types of onboard vehicle weighing systems.