The directors of QMASTOR Limted have announced the signing of contracts with Société Le Nickel (SLN), a division of the French Eramet Group, for the provision of QMASTOR’s Port to Plant and iFuse systems to manage their nickel ore supply chain in New Caledonia. The contracts cover software licensing, services, support and maintenance for a period of 5 years with the majority of revenue to be received in the 08/09 financial year.
QMASTOR will supply SLN with a system for the management of ore tracking from over 5 SLN mines to the mine ports, the shipments to the smelter in Noumea and subsequent unloading and feed into the pyrometallurgical nickel smelter.
The Port to Plant solution will include the following features:
- Ore tracking and stockpile management at mines and mine ports
- Vessel loading, voyage and unloading management
- Stockpile management at Doniambo smelter
- Tracking through ore dryers and into the smelter
- Integration with Siemens Laboratory Information System (LIMS)
- Integration with IP21 historian
- Integration with Sodern CNA online analyser
- Management of coal and other bulk commodity imports and stockpiling
Comprehensive web based reporting Trent Bagnall, Managing Director of QMASTOR Limited stated “QMASTOR is delighted to extend our relationship with SLN to this new Phase 2 project. The installation of QMASTOR systems beyond the existing Tiebaghi port installation will assist with SLN’s ongoing supply chain improvement. We expect that the successful implementation of this project will provide QMASTOR with further opportunities in import focused bulk commodity supply chains.”