QAD has announced the QAD Learning Portal, a new gateway to advanced self-study and web-based training on QAD products and advanced manufacturing concepts.
The QAD Learning Portal is designed to benefit business decision-makers, manufacturing employees and IT staff alike with expanded instruction models and options to tailor learning to company- and employee-specific requirements.
QAD Learning Portal resources help ensure that customers worldwide have the resources to become proficient in the use of QAD solutions, and equipped with mission-critical intelligence to achieve global manufacturing excellence.
The Portal is complemented by a new QAD Professional Development Program to encourage and reward learning achievement and expertise.
Flexible framework, rigorous standards
QAD Learning Portal resources reflect state-of-the-practice learning design and multimedia delivery platforms. Manufacturers’ employees will find opportunities for self-paced learning, blended delivery approaches for faster command of content and tools for monitoring and evaluating skill acquisition and mastery.
“We place a premium on empowering manufacturers’ employees with knowledge and skills they can apply to effective use of QAD solutions in a highly competitive global marketplace,” said Pamela Lopker, QAD president and chairman of the board.
“QAD eLearning reflects insights gained from 25 years’ experience solving global manufacturers’ real-world challenges with the best thinking in manufacturing theory and leading technology.”
QAD Learning Portal features include:
* Blended learning opportunities: Diverse delivery methods – both self-study and instructor-led -- optimise learning and produce cost-effective, efficient training solutions. The more than 150 recorded multimedia sessions include experts’ workshop-style presentations and interactive demonstrations.
* Operational focus: Multiple training formats, and breadth and depth of content let companies design training to suit their operational requirements, from cost-effective instruction for high-turnover positions, to efficient training for personnel who must handle frequent changes in manufacturing processes.
* Mastery testing: A formal gauge of employee proficiency in key concepts and tasks, mastery tests determine employees’ accumulation of course credits toward a QAD Professional Development Program certificate.
* Grade books: Learners can monitor their progress with a complete history of coursework and learning events. These training records can help document skill acquisition required for compliance with International Standards Organisation (ISO), Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) regulations.
* Custom eLearning Solutions: QAD works individually with customers to develop custom learning portals and customised courses. Using both generic QAD courseware and company-specific content, companies can assemble these “building blocks” into relevant, effective instruction on topics ranging from general industry concepts to specific application and technical knowledge.
Encourages and recognises achievement
To support the QAD Learning Portal, QAD has also launched the QAD Professional Development Program (PDP). Based upon completion of the learning opportunities in the Portal, the PDP validates employees’ mastery of business and technical skills crucial to using QAD software for maximum advantage and benefit.
The PDP recognises achievement at the Associate, Senior and Master levels. Earned certificates indicate employees’ grasp of industry concepts and ways to use QAD solutions to achieve a competitive edge.
Master candidates demonstrate expertise in either a Business designation that focuses on business processes and QAD solutions, or a Technical designation based upon command of QAD applications’ technical architecture, systems planning and systems administration. Master certificates are also achieved in specific areas: Supply, Demand, Manufacturing, Controls or Interoperability.