Reapor acoustic panels by Pyrotek Noise Control were recently installed to create an outdoor noise enclosure surrounding the Central Energy Plant Building on the Gold Coast University Hospital Project at Southport, Queensland.
The requirement was for an effective sound absorption product for the cooling towers and emergency power generators installed at the plant building that could be exposed to the coastal area conditions. The Reapor panels were easily installed using C-channel as the structure.
Reapor acoustic panels give specifiers the flexibility to control noise without restrictions in application created by weather, environmental or fire issues. Being non-combustible, Reapor acoustic panels are fire-safe for use in any building application. Additionally, the panels are free of chemicals harmful to the environment or the building residents.
Reapor soundproofing panels are made from recycled glass, offering superior noise absorption capabilities as well as resistance to damage or deterioration from the elements, resulting in excellent noise control performance in extreme weather.
Reapor acoustic panels are made by recycling bottle glass in a process that creates glass granules whose controlled porosity provides excellent acoustic absorption. A patented process fuses the granules into a homogeneous panel boasting exceptional absorptive performance (NRC 0.90/50mm). The fusing process dispenses with the need for binders, which can release VOCs or produce smoke in the event of fire.
Reapor is particularly suited for schools, hospitals, aged care facilities, plant rooms, substations, exit ways, smoking areas, stairwells, airports and transport terminals.
Key features of Reapor acoustic panels:
- Non-combustible panels (tested to DIN 4102 A1) to meet tougher fire codes or potential weather issues
- High sound absorption capabilities
- Available in panels sized 625 x 625 x 50mm; 1200mm x 600mm panels available for larger projects
- Long life outdoors and indoors
- Rigid, durable material unaffected by weather
- Lightweight panels, workable with conventional woodworking tools
- Easy to clean and repair, fibre free and safe to use
- 100% recyclable, made from recycled materials
- Non-toxic, VOC-free
- Paintable surface
- Resists weather, water, UV and pollution over extended periods
- Easily installed to a C-channel making fixing quick and easy
- Resistant to normal chlorides and potassium
- Requires no additional treatment to maintain performance
- Easy to cut and shape to allow for penetrations