Pyrotenax MI, available from Pyrosales , is a fire survival cable. It can be used in difficult and demanding wiring applications. The Pyrotenax MI fire survival cable is strong, pliable, non-ageing, resistant to radiation and corrosion, waterproof and fireproof. It is capable of carrying current at temperatures in excess of 1000°C.
The Pyrotenax MI fire survival cable is manufactured, tested and LPCB approved to BS EN 60702-1. The Pyrotenax MI fire survival cable complies with the BS 6387: 1994 Performance Requirements for Cables Required to Maintain Circuit Integrity under Fire Conditions:
- Resistance to Fire 950°C for 3 hours: Category C
- Resistance to Fire with Water Spray 650°C: Category W
- Resistance to Fire with Mechanical Shock 950°C: Category Z
The Pyrotenax MI fire survival cable was used for the following projects:
- St Mary’s cathedral: The Pyrotenax MI fire survival cable has been fitted to the bell tower of this Sydney landmark, protecting and preserving the beautiful heritage building.
- St Paul’s cathedral: This 19th century cathedral in Melbourne has undergone extensive restoration. The Pyrotenax fire survival cable has been used as a part of conservation efforts.
- City of Adelaide: Adelaide Council chose to use the Pyrotenax fire survival cable for external lighting around the South Australian capital. Being less intrusive, the Pyrotenax fire survival cable was suitable for this project.