Pyrosales introduce their new range of flow nozzles. Flow nozzles are used typically used in high-velocity , non-viscous and erosive flow. They are suitable for determining the flow rates of fluids at high temperatures and high pressures, and are used in various different applications, including:
- Chemical substances
- High temperature applications
- The rounded design of the flow nozzles provide a more effective sweep-through of particles in the flow stream, which extends product life by reducing wear and potential damage
- Flow nozzles are manufactured in strict accordance with ASME MFC-3M , BS-1042 and ISO-5167 standards. For critical measurement applications, wet calibration at reputed flow laboratories can be offered
- Flow Nozzles have a smooth elliptical inlet leading to a throat section with a sharp outlet. Restriction in the fluid flow causes a pressure drop , which relates to the flow rate by applying Bernoulli’s equation
- Flow nozzles are erosion-resistant
- Virtually no maintenance is required with these flow nozzles
- Consistently accurate
- Rounded inlet not subject to wear or damage, extending product life
- Lower susceptibility to erosion
- Extended product life with no moving parts
- Better sweep-through effect for debris and liquids, eliminate damming effect
- The smooth inlet of the flow nozzle results in a higher coefficient of discharge than most other differential meters
- Higher efficiency means greater flow capacity when compared to most other differential meters of the same size
Weld-In type flow nozzles- These flow nozzles have a machined tongue around its greatest diameter designed to fit between beveled ends of both inlet and outlet pipe section. The pipe sections, with the nozzle in place are firmly clamped and welded. The weld-in flow nozzle is used where flanges are not applicable such as high temperature and pressure applications in power plant installations, feed water etc.
Flanged type flow nozzles- These flow nozzles are the type most commonly used for insertion between pipe flanges. They are designed for pipe wall taps whose locations are determined by Beta ratio and pipe.
Holding ring type flow nozzles- This type of nozzle is designed for installation in a pipe without flanges. It is installed with the help of holding ring and locating pins which are made of same material as that of pipe thereby eliminating welding of dissimilar materials.
Flanged type throat-tap flow nozzles- Flange type throat-tap flow nozzles are used when extreme accuracy and repeatability is required. In most cases this type of nozzle is purchased with
a complete flow section and laboratory flow calibrated. These flow nozzles are manufactured in strict accordance with ASME performance test code PTC-6.