Ptronik formerly P Thomas Electronic have manufactured timers and timer boards for nearly 40 years. The product range covers dust collector timer, timer board, on demand cleaning (D.O.C.) tube cleaner and the complete master controller for dust collectors.
The commonly used systems are jet pulse or reverse pulse cleaning but to a lesser extent supplied to cyclone dust collectors and centrifugal dust collectors. The last system Ptronik supply is the shaker dust collector. There is a special shaker timer which is used for these dust collectors. The timers work often in conjunction with stop and start of the suction fan. The system Ptronik supply is direct on line (DOL), star delta and variable speed drive (VSD).
The timers have the following features:
- Differential pressure alarm (DP) indicate when the jet pulse cleaning has reach the programmed alarm levels
- Extends the life span of the dust bags
- Reduce the use of compressed air and therefore lower energy consumption
- Detection of the broken bag row to reduce the shot down time of the production
- Detect the mechanical fault with the valves
- Detect electronic fault with the solinoid
The master control board can optionally be supplied with data logging which will keep the event data for up to 12 months. The master control can be connected to the internet or wireless systems.