PROFIBUS Association of Australia & New Zealand announces the availability of the PROFIBUS Installation Guide on their website.
The three-part PROFIBUS Installation Guide from PI (PROFIBUS & PROFINET International) provides support to plant manufacturers and operators for their planning, installation and commissioning activities. Through proper conceptual planning and careful installation, operators can avoid countless errors from the outset.
The first two volumes of the three-volume set, namely ‘Cabling and Assembly Guideline’ and ‘Commissioning Guideline’ have been available in German and English for some time.
With the publication of the PROFIBUS Guideline for Planning, PI is providing plant operators with an easy-to-use overview document containing all information relevant for planning PROFIBUS systems.
The PROFIBUS Installation Guide is aimed at persons who are engaged in the planning of PROFIBUS systems.
Some of the features include:
- Information for PROFIBUS DP and PROFIBUS PA
- Guidance for the reader through the PROFIBUS planning process in a structured manner
- Support for plant topology definition
- Selection of cable types and plug connectors
- Planning transmission lines using copper cable as well as optical means
- Tips for estimating the bus cycle time
- Information regarding shielding and grounding of PROFIBUS systems
- Document template for planning and documenting plants
The guidelines can be downloaded free of charge from the PROFIBUS Association of Australia website.