Professional Advantage recently implemented the Microsoft Dynamics GP business management solution for Western Process Controls in order to enhance cash flow management as well as business-wide reporting and analysis.
Western Process Controls (WPC) specialises in the supply and service of high quality industrial process control equipment for Western Australia’s oil and gas companies.
With a client list comprising of major resource companies, WPC’s business boomed from an initial staff of three and turnover of just $1 million to more than 50 people and close to $30 million in annual turnover.
WPC engineers and services a wide range of industrial process controls equipment from complete valve automation systems to control panels.
WPC required a single integrated business system capable of providing enhanced cash flow management in addition to comprehensive business-wide reporting and analysis.
WPC’s simple start-up business systems could no longer manage the complexity of the tremendous business growth and more comprehensive information requirements.
Brad D’Cunha, Director of Corporate Strategic Management at WPC explains that they had developed in-house applications for quoting, sales management and accounting among multiple business processes.
WPC used five different Microsoft Access-based systems for various business processes with complete lack of integration between each system. Accounts were handled separately from quoting and from sales.
The considerable information with no integration caused a lot of double and triple handling.
Mr D’Cunha added that one of their biggest issues was predicting and managing cash flow with the separate system.
Cash flow management being a critical component of business, WPC had to look for a new unified business solution.
After evaluating a number of systems, the WPC management chose Microsoft Dynamics GP, a powerful and flexible business management solution.
Once the software had been identified, WPC turned its attention to finding the right implementation partner.
Professional Advantage was chosen because they put forward the best proposal from a business process point of view.
In addition to Microsoft Dynamics GP, Professional Advantage recommended that WPC deploy two other software solutions: Microsoft Office SharePoint Server to enhance information management and support workflow processes as well as WennSoft Service Management to provide extra functionality for the company’s service division.
The new solution went live within just three months.
Cash flow, customer service, business processes and WPC’s strategic decision-making have all benefited from the introduction of its new business solutions.
Key benefits of the new business systems:
- Single integrated solution to run finance, payroll, purchase orders, expediting, pricing and inventory
- Greater visibility across all divisions, allowing the management to assess the performance of each individual division by revenue, cost, net margin or net profit
- Extensive and unlimited reporting capabilities, enabling users to analyse figures on any basis
- Greatly enhanced cash flow management with the integration of purchasing with finance
- Combination of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server and Microsoft Dynamics GP has enabled WPC to incorporate business rules with its automated workflows
- WennSoft Service Management allows WPC to manage jobs, service calls and equipment efficiently