Xstract Mining Consultants, a resource and mining industry consultancy, has selected Australian business technology and services specialists, Professional Advantage to deploy the Microsoft Dynamics AX enterprise resource planning solution for their growing consulting business. The implementation removes the need to use a patchwork of software systems and involves many core Microsoft Dynamics AX modules including financials, project management, time sheets and customer relationship management (CRM).
Xstracts decision to choose Microsoft Dynamics AX was driven by the consultancy's need for an integrated financial and time sheet system along with an efficient means of managing customer relationship information. Some of the key factors in the software's favour included:
- The integrated nature of the modules
- The project management facility
- Its flexible reporting capabilities
- The ability to centrally manage the database of customer contact information with security over who may access and update critical information
- The ease of customisation along with the capacity for integration with Microsoft Office applications were also important considerations
Derek Rippingale, Managing Director at Professional Advantage, said “Xstract is a great example of a company with a view to the future. By getting the right systems in place now Xstract is ensuring that it establishes best practices and efficient processes from the start. It's a very canny move and a sure way to minimise growing pains.”