The DeviceNet Gateway, now distributed by Products For Industry , enables two-way communication with the Jokab Pluto safety PLC. Via the DeviceNet Safety Gateway, a supervisory PLC system can have access to the I/O and other variables in a Pluto safety PLC. Global I/O in a Pluto safety PLC are accessible via DeviceNet “implicit” messages.
Features of the Devicenet Gateway include:
- A supervisory PLC system can transmit non-safety-related information to a Pluto safety PLC
- A total of 64 Boolean values and 8 different 16-bit registers can be transmitted
- Function blocks for these commands available in Pluto Manager
- Pluto DeviceNet Gateway also has support for integration into an ABB Robotics IRC5-system
- A Gate-D1 can also be used to advantage as a CAN bridge when it is required to divide a Pluto databus into several sections. This is particularly useful when long databus cables are needed