The CANopen Gateway, now available from Products For Industry enables two-way communication with the Jokab Pluto safety PLC. Via the CANopen Safety Gateway, a supervisory PLC system can have access to the I/O and other variables in a Pluto safety PLC. Global I/O in a Pluto safety PLC are accessible via CANopen PDO messages.
Features of the CANopen gateway:
- A supervisory PLC system can transmit non-safety-related information to a Pluto safety PLC
- 64 Boolean values and 8 different 16-bit registers can be transmitted
- Function blocks for these commands are available in Pluto Manager
- The CANopen gateway also offers a built-in filter function which makes it possible to block any data that is not required for use on the other side of the bridge, this then reduces the databus loading in the other sections and thereby permits longer databus cables.
- A GATE-C1 can also be used to advantage as a CAN bridge when it is required to divide a Pluto databus into several sections. This is particularly useful when long databus cables are needed