Product Lifecycle Management (Australasia) has announced the general availability of NX CAE; this computer aided engineering software delivers unparalleled value by utilising the power of associativity.
With the strength of NX Nastran at the core of Siemens PLM Software CAE analysts are able to leverage one of the most recognised and trusted simulation analysis software tools available.
“The advanced nonlinear capabilities in NX Nastran have proven their value in industry for many years” said Dennis Colusso, Director PLMA. “They have been developed to address the most complex engineering problems, from linear static to explicit time dependant problems, surface-to-surface contact, large deformation, elastic-plastic, hyper-elastic or gasket materials and more”.
PLMA are running a free online seminar on Thursday 11 February.
Features of NX CAE include:
- Open support for industry standard CAD and CAE data exchange formats: Parasolid, IGES, STEP, STL, UNV, NBD, XML; standard 3rd party CAE software integrations including ANSYS, ABAQUS, LS-Dyna and MSC NASTRAN; and customisability for in-house solutions
- Reusable processes and knowledge-driven CAE as a unified part of the NX Digital Product Development environment
- Scalability and consistency based on high-performance CAE technology
- Multi-discipline solutions through integrated multi-physics, multi-discipline FEA and CFD solvers, and design-integrated multi-body motion simulation
- Simulation process and data management across a global organisation and virtual supply chain for managing CAE models, results, reports and CAE “best practice” processes
- Global design collaboration using JT for lightweight visualization
- Industrial-strength productivity where CAE results are “current and in the design loop”
- Intelligent multi-CAD geometry idealisation - capabilities for CAE software which automatically update as the design changes