Considered the benchmark for combustible gas detection in offshore installations, Simrad GD10P IR point gas detectors deliver fast reliable performance and do not require field recalibration. The gas detector sets the standard in gas detection in the areas of safety, stability and low maintenance.
The IECEX Certified Simrad GD10P gas detectors come with a market-leading 5-year warranty and an extended 15-year warranty on the IR sources.
In addition to a solid state IR source, Simrad GD10P gas detectors incorporate several features designed to provide effective response to the detection of hazards in a wide range of industrial environments from boiler plant rooms to offshore petrochemical installations. The complete optomechanical design construction enables ultra-fast speed of response while providing superior service life and detector stability, thus saving on maintenance and service costs.
The gas detectors can also be supplied with a bridge interface for retrofit applications, allowing the detector to be connected directly to catalytic systems using the existing cabling and control modules.
Key features of Simrad GD10P IR point gas detectors:
- Solid state IR sources for superior long term performance
- High IR source flash rate for improved stability and speed of response
- True dual path double compensation optical design
- Selectable response rate for speed critical applications
- Dual layer weather protection eliminates delay or failure on demand
- Early dirty optics warning for improved preventative maintenance
- Integral termination compartment for reduced installation time
- Low power consumption reduces load on UPS
- Independently heated mirror and lens for high performance detection in harsh conditions
- Supplied with worldwide performance and hazardous area approvals
- Suitable for use in SIL 2 and SIL 3 systems
- Industry standard HART interface for configuration of optional fast response time and special fault levels