Simrad GD10L open path Combustible Gas Detector provides reliable and safe performance even under harsh working conditions.
The Combustible Gas Detector can withstand to a higher degree vibration and misalignment than competitive products.
The Simrad GD10L is a cost-effective open path (or line of sight) solution that uses the same well-proven, unique IR technology as in the well-known Simrad GD10P point detector.
It is manufactured by Simtronics Fire & Gas in Norway and is available exclusively in Australia and New Zealand from ProDetec, a leading supplier of Fire & Gas Detection Technologies and Solutions.
The Simrad GD10L open path Gas Detector is based on the highly acclaimed Simrad GD10P point IR detector. Over the past decades, the Simrad GD10P has proved to be the most reliable IR point detector on the market.
Features of the Simrad GD10L open path Gas Detector can be summarised as follows:
- The Simrad GD10L requires no recalibration during its service life. Since the Simrad GD10L is not employing acoustically sensitive detector elements it is not sensitive to vibration and rapid temperature changes
- The Solid State IR sources (SimSource) has in-service life of 60 years exceeding all current competing technologies
- Transmitter Receiver functions are synchronised by the same microprocessor making the Simrad GD10L more robust to IR beam interference than any competitive products
- Easy single-person installation as the Simrad GD10L set-up only requires the alignment of one component
- Greater vibration and misalignment tolerance: at least +/- 5 degrees, this is clear proof of the ideal capability of the Simrad GD10L
- Cost effective operation – no need for regular field maintenance
- Dual wavelength dual path concept which is the reliable principal in IR detection.
The Simrad GD10L open path Combustible Gas Detector is available from ProDetec .