Based on an IR absorption detection method, Simrad GD10P IR point gas detectors offer safety, stability and low maintenance. The GD10P comes with a 5-year warranty.
Simrad GD10P gas detectors provide an effective response to the detection of gas hazards in a wide range of industrial environments from boiler plant rooms to offshore petrochemical installations.
These infrared gas detectors utilise silicon based solid-state infrared sources. The complete optomechanical design and construction is so stable that an ultra fast speed of response can be achieved whilst providing superior service life and detector stability, thus saving on maintenance and service costs.
A bridge interface is available for retrofit applications, allowing the detector to be connected directly to catalytic systems, using the existing cabling and control modules.
An industry standard HART interface is used for configuration of the optional fast response time and special fault levels as well as access to extended maintenance data.
GD10P gas detectors are supplied with worldwide performance and hazardous area approvals, and are suitable for use in SIL 2 and SIL 3 systems.
Key features of Simrad GD10P gas detectors:
- Solid state IR sources ensures superior long term performance compared to filament lamps
- High IR source flash rate improves stability and speed of response
- True dual path, double compensation optical design eliminates recalibration, monitoring and accounting for all changes in optical path
- One of the fastest IR point detectors on the market, ideal for speed critical applications with selectable response rate function
- Dual layer weather protector eliminates mesh, gauze, hydrophobic filters or sinters
- Early dirty optics warning improves preventative maintenance
- Integral termination compartment reduces installation time
- Low power consumption reduces load on UPS
- Independently heated mirror and lens offer high detection performance in rough environmental conditions