The Association defines its mission as "to be the catalyst for the prosperity of the print, packaging and visual communication industry in Australia."
An independent, not-for-profit, member-based organisation, the Printing Industries Association of Australia represents large, medium and small businesses, covering all imaging and communication sectors.
- prepress and design
- software and hardware
- paper and paper board
- print consumables
- packaging and flexible packaging
- paper converting
- binding and finishing
- communication; and
- media services.
The Association identified that it needed to help members to:
- increase opportunities to generate revenue
- reduce the cost of doing business
- manage their regulatory environment; and
- access appropriately skilled staff.
These were encapsulated into three priorities reflecting seven goals:
- Priority One: growing into a powerful advocate that excites consumers, interests governments and inspires industry
- Priority Two: delivering high quality contemporary business services to support growing and declining business needs within the industry; and
- Priority Three: transforming the organisation to ensure courage, professionalism and leadership define our work.