Newly available from Prenco Environmental Spill Control , the Hydrokleen Stormwater Filtration System is a positive enhancement for cleaning up stormwater before it reaches the environment.
The Hydrokleen Stormwater Filtration System features an advanced catch basin filter that captures multiple pollutants, such as hydrocarbons, heavy metals, sediments and other organics from stormwater and industrial runoff, which the Hydrokleen unit then removes.
Key features of the Hydrokleen Stormwater Filtration System include:
- exceeds 80% sediment removal efficiency
- patented filtration system allows different filter media to be used together to remove targeted pollutants
- choose a mix of filters to remove hydrocarbons/oil, chemicals, odour, phosphorus and heavy metals from water flow
- by-pass system prevents flooding or ponding during high-flow storm events
- excellent post-construction control for drains that are more susceptible to large concentrations of contaminants
- units available for round or square catch basin grates, with custom sizes also available
- considered a “true filter” with separate chambers for sediment removal and filters and has been verified by the US EPA’s ETV program.
The sampling option provides the standard HydroKleen Stormwater Filtration System with modifications to allow the sample collector (sold separately) to pull “post-treatment” water samples from below the filters of the unit.
This option allows users to take real-time samples during storm events in a simple manner. There is no need to remove the Hydrokleen to take a sample, simply remove the grate, uncap the Access Tube, and insert the sample collector. The sample collector has 1.5m long handle, which also makes collection quick and easy.