PREMIER Workplace Solutions (PWS) has launched a new website, www.speedhumps.com.au as an education tool for prospective buyers.
With such a wide range of speed humps available in the marketplace, choosing the right speed control system for a site can be confusing.
A variety of questions can arise, such as:
* When do heavy duty speed humps need to be used?
* Will the speed humps cope with large volumes of traffic?
* Which type of fixing is best for a bitumen surface?
* Are concrete speed humps harder wearing?
* Can cables be run underneath the speed hump?
* Will they need maintenance?
* Which speed humps offer the best value for money?
On the PWS website the company offers three of their most popular, tried and tested speed humps - from a 50mm high system ideal for car parks and body corporate applications, to a 75mm high speed hump for freight yards and bus depots and their 900mm wide speed humps designed for 'roadway' type applications around shopping centres and industrial complexes.
The website also makes reference to the relevant Australian standard for speed humps, AS2890.1, which assists with information that allows customers to make a more informed choice.