Precision Metal Group presents two models of portable orbital lathes designed to perform all possible turning and thread cutting processes on-site.
The TOP 200 and TOP 400 portable orbital lathes are computerised full-CNC lathes designed for precision turning of stationary tubing ends that do not rotate and cannot be handled using conventional machine tools.
The revolutionary technology involves a unique self-centring system with double expansion taper that ensures secure gripping of any tubing in any configuration. The orbital cutting system and the compact size of the rotary head enable the TOP machine to perform all the jobs of a conventional stationary CNC lathe in an unconventional way.
The TOP 200/400 full CNC portable orbital lathes feature a control panel for easy operation of the machine through a touch screen and a handwheel. The software allows for editing/saving of the code of the tool’s route in a standard g-code and m-code.
The CNC lathes enable on-site turning with extreme precision on faces and internal and/or external extremities of cylindrical surfaces and fixed tubular bodies that are immovable or impossible to rotate.
Key features and capabilities of CNC portable orbital lathes:
- Straight line and/or curved - internal and/or external interpolations
- Standard and/or tapered threading
- Simple and/or profile facing
- Multilevel cylindrical grooves
- Equipped with new-generation controller and touch screen technology
- Can be programmed manually in place or via PC with CAD/CAM software
- Tool path can be checked based on 3D simulation
- 3D simulations allow the movement of the tool holders to be verified